Saturday, November 27, 2010

Feeling Ignored

I knew it was likely to happen,
Given the family pressures,
The visit from his sister.
Still, I did not expect it to bug me thus.
Its not so much that we are not able to talk for any length of time.
Rather, its that he's not giving me a heads-up,
As he has always done in the past.
And as I still definitely do each time.
A tinge of feeling ignored and being taken for granted,
Is creeping into me-and I really don't want that!

I got my little victory this week:
His okay, nay, more than that,
His acceptance to making our relationship public.
Yes, I appear to be one of *those* people,
Who felt the need to make it 'facebook official'.
Maybe if we were together in person,
It would not have meant anything much to me.
But given the long distance,
It was a good way through which I could feel we were really together.
Actually all I wanted was to say "in a relationship"
For each of us...was not expecting more.
He's the one who said, well how does that connect me to you?
Giving me the push to actually link us.
And that made me very happy, for sure.
Its a little thrill, to see that, on the page.
Its also pleasurable because I know it'll raise eyebrows.
Given that I've never ever been anything but single before this.

But this wobbly feeling from our lack of connectivity,
And feeling like he's not making the effort of before,
Makes me mad...and today, I did not hide it.
I sit waiting, an hour, two,
For him to get online.
He's either supremely late,
Or when he does show,
Its for a too short, hurried, distracted convo.
I understand it, on an intellectual level.
But hate it, on the emotional one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home